maandag 7 oktober 2013

Glutenfree multigrain bread with Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs

It's no biggie, having two glutenfree kids at home, but they eat like maniacs. Which means I have to bake 2-3 breads per week for them. I do not even want to think about the fact that they'll eat an insane amount when they are teenagers with an appetite. I fear I'll have to start up a full time bakery by that time.
Baking a bread (especially in the breadmaker) isn't that big of a deal, the machine does all the work for me. Iit just takes up to 4 hours before it's done. But my kids like different stuff (well, I convince myself that they like eating different kinds of bread LOL) so i bake other variantions in the oven as well. Some bread are an instant success, like the pizza bread that you will find in the bread section of this blog. Others... not so much. And who gets to eat those? Yes, my husband and myself. In the end it's me experimenting, so if my kids don't like it, I will gladly eat it for lunch or breakfast. I don't mind eating it, because I actually like the taste. Of course you musn't compare it to normal bread because the structure of the bread will always be different, but glutenfree bread (especially if you bake it yourself) is a perfect alternative.
My husband and I eat everything glutenfree (except for the bread, otherwise I would have to bake even more and it really would be a bit too much. And glutenfree is also pretty expensive, so it saves money if we eat a "normal" breakfast and lunch. But if i have to, I will gladly eat my kids cast aways. ;-)

My oldest appreciates this bread, my youngest doesn't. He helped me kneed the dough and when he smelled the dough he yelled: Eeeeeewwwww!I guess he is not a fan of the aromatic smells of Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs. Oh well, I'll eat his slices then... 

Ingredients:
  • 250 ml (7 fl oz) warm water
  • 200 ml (9 fl oz) warm milk
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 7 grams (0.25 oz) of fiber husk
  • 450 grams (1 lb) of a glutenfree multigrain flour.  
  • 7 grams (0.25 oz) of xanthan gum
  • 4 grams (0.14 oz) of iodized salt
  • 8 grams (0.28 oz) of granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 15 grams (0.5 oz) of yeast
  • 2 teaspoons of dried mixed Italian herbs 
  • 100 grams (3.5 oz) of Parmesan cheese (grated) and a bit extra for decoration 
Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 50 degrees centigrade (122 degrees fahrenheit) and put a bowl of water in the oven.  
  2. Put the ingredients in a big bowl in the order shown above and kneed it (with an electrix mixer) to a sticky dough. Make sure it is well combined. 
  3. Put some baking parchement on a tray and transfer the dough to it. Wet your hands and form an oval bread of the dough.  Carve it (diagonal) a couple of times and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it for decoration. 
  4. Put the dough in a preheated oven and let it proof for about 30-45 minutes. 
  5. Take it out of the oven when the dough has risen and preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade (400 degrees fahrenheit). 
  6. Piut the bread back into the oven as soon as it is on temperature and bake your bread golden in 30-35 minutes. 
  7. Leave it to cool on a wire rack before serving. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten