zaterdag 15 maart 2014

Gluten Free Banana Bread with Honey & Cinnamon

I bake 2 to 3 gluten free breads per week (when my boys hit puberty it will most likely be 7 times a week because they'll eat like maniacs by then) and I couldn't do that without my loyal and beloved Breville bread maker. It saves me time,  even if the baking process takes longer than it would in the regular oven. While the bread maker does it's magic, I can do other stuff and I don't have to check if my bread is doing well. Because I know the Breville doesn't fail on me. I usually make basic bread with Le Pooles Rimboe Mix (it's a Dutch brand, my kids love it!!!) but I like to experiment too. One of those experiments is this bread, because I had some left over ripe bananas that I didn't want to throw out. This recipe is based on a bread maker to save you time.


This bread looks simple, but smells delicious!
Ingredients:
  • 400 ml (14 fl oz) of warm buttermilk
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 250 grams (9 oz) of ripe bananas (mashed)
  • 500 grams (1 lb 2 oz) of plain gluten free flour (I used Le Poole's)
  • 2 teaspoons of fiber husk
  • 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 0.5  teaspoon of iodized salt
  • 2 teaspoons of sugar
  • 14 grams (0.5 oz) of yeast
  • Some cinnamon sugar for decoration
Instructions:
  1. Put all the ingredients in your bread maker in the order you see them above.
  2. Turn on your bread maker and put it on a program me that either makes gluten free bread or French bread. I always use the French bread program me because with my machine it gives the best result. The bread needs time to mix and most of all to proof and this program does that. 
  3. Turn the machine on and let it do it's thing. I always stick around when it is mixing, so I can help the machine along with a spoon if it can't mix the dough well. Gluten free dough is sticky and sometimes that prevents the machine of combining the ingredients. I use a spoon to get the flour from the sides and to mix along with the machine. When it's done mixing, sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar for decoration. Then let the machine do it's work. 
  4. When the machine is done and your bread is golden and smells heavenly, take it out of the machine & let it cool on a wire rack underneath a clean dish cloth till it's fully cooled. Then slice it and store it in the fridge, but not before you have s slice with a bit of salted butter & some chocolate sprinkles. 
Enjoy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten