donderdag 21 februari 2013

Cheezy breadsticks

I love soup. Soup is wholesome, soup is healthy, soup is comforting and it's often so easy to make and easily to make glutenfree too! 
And no bowl of soup is complete without bread. I make these breadsticks for my kids, but I'm not ashamed to say that I actually love them very much myself. 



I must admit they don't look pretty, but who cares about that when they taste wonderful? 

The recipe is dead simple, but i have to admit my breadsticks turned out a bit chewy when i baked them the first time, not crisp. Why? Because I read the recipe wrong, but I actually liked it much better, so I always use my own "wrong" version of the recipe, posted below. I hope you'll like it too!

Ingredients:
250 grams (almost 2 cups) of glutenfree flour
7 grams (0.75 oz) of yeast
25 grams (0.88 oz) of flaked butter
2 eggs
pinch of salt

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 35 degrees centigrade (95 fahrenheit) to let the dough proof later. 
  • Put all the ingredients (only one of the two eggs though) into the bowl and kneed with a kitchen aid or mixer to a firm dough. Add some more flour if the dough gets really sticky. (Here's where I went wrong, in the original recipe was only one egg and that was to coat the dough with before you put it in the oven. I, on the other hand threw in the egg and ended up with soft chewy breadsticks)
  • Put it in the oven to proof for about 45 minutes. 
  • Take the dough out of the oven and heat up the oven to 220 degrees centigrade (437 fahrenheit). Make 20 little balls of the dough and roll them out to resemble breadsticks. Remember, they don't have to look perfect, as long as they taste amazing!
  • Coat the dough with some beaten eggyolk and sprinkle cheese on top. I used normal Gouda cheese (hey, i'm Dutch after all!) but I think parmesan would be wonderful too!
  • Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until goldenbrown. Let them cool on a rack and serve with a wholsome, fantastic soup. 




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten