zaterdag 16 maart 2013

Glutenfree & Dairyfree Cinnamon & Honey spiced gingerbread

Anything is possible is my motto when baking glutenfree and it also is my firm believe that being a celiac is not something to be pitied. I dislike pity very much because it doesn't get you anywhere. It is of no help what so ever. I like action. I like people who take things in their stride instead of feeling sorry for themselves or for others. When I tell people my boys are glutenfree, I often get that pityful look and people say: "Isn't that just awful? Those poor things!" 
I always tell them not to be sorry for them, because this diagnose maybe has a big influence on your life, it's not the end of the world. My kid has been tested on far worse, so celiacs disease to us is not that big of a deal anymore. In fact, I think my boys get fed better than many kids out there, who are completely healthy. I do ask them that instead it would be very much appreciated if they could please remember my boys diet for life when making birthday treats for their own kids at school. They are free to ask me for tips and recommendations beforehand, but please accommendate my kids just once a year. It's not scary, it's not pityful, it's just their reality. And being thought of is all they really want. You don't have to go out of your way, a simple treat is all it takes. This glutenfreemomma takes care of the rest. Little by little I try to teach people that glutenfree does not equal scary or difficult. 

This blog has been set up for the same reason. To show that glutenfree doesn't mean the end of the world, that you have many, many options to eat healthy and that it is just as yummy as normal food. Yes, you will always have to be attentive to what you eat, but don't let the label glutenfree stop you. Ever! Celebrate your diet, don't fear it. Don't envy "normal" people for their food, your food is just as wonderful as theirs. This Cinnamon & Honey spiced gingerbread is perfect proof of that. Perfect for a cold chilly day with a cup of tea and a good book. 


Ingredients:

  • 200 grams (7 oz) of rice flour
  • 200 grams (7 0z) of buckwheat flour
  • 1.5 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon spice
  • 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
  • 1 teaspoon of fiber husk
  • half a teaspoon of clove spice
  • 2 eggs
  • 100 grams (3.5 oz) of dark caster sugar
  • 100 mililiters (3.5 fl oz) of boiling water
  • 100 mililiters (3.5 fl oz) of fluid honey
  • 100 mililiters (3.5 fl oz) of olive oil or sunflower oil
  • powdered sugar to decorate 

Instructions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade (350 degrees fahrenheit) 
  2. Sift the flour, spices, baking soda, xanthan gum, fiber husk and sugar into a bowl. 
  3. Add the two eggs and the honey and mix it all. 
  4. Add the oil and the boiling water and mix it to a smooth yet thick batter. 
  5. Transfer it into a greased cake tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
  6. Let it cool on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar before serving. 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten