zaterdag 15 juni 2013

Easy peasy savoury crackers (glutenfree... duhhhh)

Do you ever see a recipe and you just can't wait till you can try it out? That's what happened with me when I saw this recipe in the newspaper this week. The fact that I (and my youngest son) love crackers may have something to do with it. I have breakfast with crackers almost every day. Whether it is Swedish knackebrod, rice crackers or multigrain crackers, I love them all. And so does Gijs, my youngest son. I buy him expensive glutenfree crackers but maybe I can adapt this recipe to make breakfast crackers for him as well. Hmmm, now there's a thought... (There goes my 'must try that out OCD' again.) 

Anyway, I found this recipe for savoury crackers in our paper and I just added xanthan gum to it. And I used 'Ras al Hanout' spices because I couldn't find my curcuma anywhere in my overflowing spices drawer. I also decorated the crackers with sunflower and pumpkin seeds and pine nuts to add fibers. 

So easy to make, healthy to serve

Ingredients:
  • 100 grams (3.5 oz) of almond flour
  • 100 grams (3.5 oz) of buckwheat or oat flour (I used 50 grams/1.75 oz of each)
  • 50 grams (1.75 oz) of grated cheese
  • A pinch of salt
  • Some ground pepper to taste
  • Half a teaspoon of curcuma (as said before I used Ras el Hanout spices)
  • Half a teaspoon of xanthan gum
  • 2 eggs
  • Some seeds and/or nuts to decorate

Instructions:
  1. Mix the flour, cheese, salt, pepper, curcuma and xanthan gum in a big bowl.
  2. Add the eggs and mix till you have a firm dough.
  3. Leave it to rest for a few minutes.
  4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
  5. Cut two pieces of baking parchement. Put the dough on one piece, dust it with some buckwheat flour and flatten it with the palm of your hand. This dough is sticky, that is why you dust the dough to keep it from sticking to your hand. 
  6. Put the other piece of parchement paper on top and roll out the dough till you've got an A4 or US Letter sized piece. Cut it straight and then divide into 10-12 rectangular pieces.
  7. Brush over some beaten egg and decorate with the seeds and nuts. 
  8. Pop it in the oven for 20 minutes. Let them cool on a wire rack and then serve them with a good glass of wine and some soft cheese. Bon appetit!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten