zaterdag 13 april 2013

Chewy brownies filled with nuts

I have a love/hate relationship with brownies. I love to eat them, they are the ultimate comfortfood to me, but baking them is another thing. Somehow I can't bake them properly, even though they are amongst the easiest things to bake. I blame it on my lack of patience, I think I mix the eggs with the melted chocolate too soon... Or something like that. More often than not I end up with collapsed brownies, or worse, brownies that don't seem to set in the middle. I guess brownies have turned into my 'angstgegner'. 

But... I never give up. Because I dislike not being able to do something so I'll just try until I can do it. And today... I had another try.
I had promised my colleagues cupcakes at the next editorial meeting on Monday but my brownie complex made me decide to try again. And so I took out the never fail recipe book (Great Gluten-free Baking by Louise Blair) and found this brownie recipe. And I baked with my toes crossed and I finally succeeded.


Here's the recipe of my victory brownies!

Ingredients
  • 75 grams (2.75 oz) of glutenfree dark chocolate
  • 100 grams (3.5 oz) of butter or margerine
  • 200 grams (7 oz) of light caster sugar
  • 2 eggs beaten 
  • The seeds of one vanilla pod
  • 50 grams (1.75 oz) of ground almonds
  • 25 grams (1 oz) of rice flour
  • 150 grams (5.5 oz) of mixed nuts, chopped


Instructions
  1. Grease and line a baking tray of 28 cm x 18 cm (I just grabbed a tray I had nearby). 
  2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade (350 degrees centigrade). 
  3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl on top of a pan with boiling water. Stir until all is mixed. 
  4. Mix in all the other ingredients, I stirred the eggs in last, as you want the mixture cooled a bit first. Otherwise you cook the egg in the chocolate mixture. Then you end up with a failed brownie like I did so often. 
  5. Pour the complete mixture into the baking tray and bake for about 30-36 minutes until the middle is firm but bounces back a bit when you press it. 
  6. Let it cool before you cut it into pieces to enjoy your brownie with a cup of coffee or tea. It also makes a great dessert if you pair it with some glutenfree ice cream.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten