donderdag 4 april 2013

Coconut, nut & rice crispy squares full of fiber

I was cleaning out my baking stash yesterday when I realised I had opened packets of raisins, grated coconut, sugar, honey and nuts left. Since its a waste to throw out good food I searched the supermarket for some additional stuff to bake something with those left overs. I bought glutenfree rice crispies with chocolate and a tin of condensed milk and conjured up this glutenfree squares full of fibers for my kids.
This recipe makes about 16-20 rice crispy treats.


Ingredients:
  • 120 grams (4.25 oz) of grated coconut
  • 150 grams (5.5 oz) of crushed assorted nuts, I had pecan and walnut left over.
  • 100 grams (3.5 oz) of light caster sugar
  • 25 grams (1 oz) of honey with lemon
  • 150 grams (5.5 oz) of rice crispies, I used Consenza's Multigrain Choco Muesli
  • 40 grams (1.5 oz) of millet flakes
  • 65 grams (2.33 oz) of raisins
  • 1 tin of condensed milk


Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Centigrade, 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Put all ingredients in a big bowl and mix well till all condensed milk has been soaked up.
  3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper/ baking paper. 
  4. Transfer contents of the bowl into the baking tray, press firmly to create a cakelike form.
  5. Put in the oven for 15 minutes, when golden on top turn over the cake using another tray on top of the cake and turn it upside down. Remove baking paper and bake bottom up for another 15 minutes till that is golden too.
  6. Transfer to a wire rack, let it cool before you cut it into pieces. You can keep them in a plastic container for a couple of days.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten